- - - - -

5061 replies to this topic

Rosanera

Metalcoholic Anonymous

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,303 posts
  • Interests:Cats, Spaciousness, Weirdo
I haven't bought music in a while it feels..

Theocracy : Ghost Ship
Drudkh : Autumn Aurora
Agalloch : Marrow of the spirit

Nightmare82

Untitled...

• Nordic Symphony
  • 3,746 posts
  • Interests:Music, literature, movies.
Sonata Arctica - Silence
Sonata Arctica - Winterheart's Guild

LorenzoGarbanzo

Yuri Connoisseur

• Moderation Team
  • 7,883 posts
  • Interests:Anime
    Games
    Music
    NHL
    Cosmos & stuff
Ayreon - The Source (2CD + DVD digipack thing)

Went through this thread and it seems I hadn't bought an album for three years. Several reasons for that, but this summer will bring about some change, since new Anathema and Wintersun albums are must buys. As is Ayreon, obviously. Hopefully getting it this week.

LorenzoGarbanzo

Yuri Connoisseur

• Moderation Team
  • 7,883 posts
    Games
    Music
    NHL
    Cosmos & stuff
Anathema - The Optimist

Last night realized I should check when this comes out and apparently yesterday was the release date. And since I went downtown anyway I picked it up from a local record store, instead of ordering from somewhere.

Jonas

Crazy Diamond

• Moderation Team
  • 8,514 posts
  • Interests:2D girls and 3DCG girls!
Who did you rob?

LorenzoGarbanzo

Yuri Connoisseur

• Moderation Team
  • 7,883 posts
    Games
    Music
    NHL
    Cosmos & stuff
The government.

Jonas

Crazy Diamond

• Moderation Team
  • 8,514 posts
  • Interests:2D girls and 3DCG girls!
Same.

Nightmare82

Untitled...

• Nordic Symphony
  • 3,746 posts
Dawn of Winter - In The Valley of Tears (2CD digi)

I didn't really buy this, but received it as a promo. But as it is full version of it, thought of mentioning it here anyway.

Andreas89

Sexy & hot

• Spamshire
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,059 posts
My two latest orders contain

Cain's Offering - Stormcrow
Galderia - The Universality
Galderia - Return of the Cosmic Men
Icewind - Again Came the Storm
Instanzia - Ghosts (that one's a present for my brother)
Kerion - The Origins

Nightmare82

Untitled...

• Nordic Symphony
  • 3,746 posts
Kamelot - Karma
Kamelot - The Fourth Legacy

LorenzoGarbanzo

Yuri Connoisseur

• Moderation Team
  • 7,883 posts
    Games
    Music
    NHL
    Cosmos & stuff
The Midnight - Nocturnal (digital)
Perturbator - Dangerous Days
Perturbator - The Uncanny Valley

I think Nocturnal is my first digital only music purchase. I definitely should have their other releases too, just never got around to it. Just felt last week that I needed some new stuff in my mp3 player ASAP. Although now I have the Perturbator albums to also fill that void.

Nightmare82

Untitled...

• Nordic Symphony
  • 3,746 posts
Dream Theater - 5CD Original Album Series (includeds Images and Words, Awake, Falling Into Infinity, Metropolis pt. 2: Scenes From A Memory and Train of Thought)

Blind Guardian - A Twist In The Myth

Some re-purchases here indeed...

LorenzoGarbanzo

Yuri Connoisseur

• Moderation Team
  • 7,883 posts
    Games
    Music
    NHL
    Cosmos & stuff
So I just bought this thing I posted in the electronic thread. What's particularly funny about it is that it wasn't a digital download, or a CD or even an LP, it was damn cassette.

Posted Image

As for why, I still have this collector's itch where I want to have physical copies of albums I like and cassette was the only format available. And to be honest, buying a cassette just sounded fun. I cut it real close too, it was literally the last available copy. I was hitting F5 on the album page while finishing the order and during that time it went from 5 copies left all the way to 1. That rarity definitely played into why I bought it, since I let the vinyl version of 2814's masterpiece A Birth of a New Day slip away, so I wasn't about to do that again. This cassette had all of 100 copies available to begin with.

And before you ask, yes, I actually have a cassette player.

That said, it was one of those deals where this one item cost less than the shipping, so I had to add something to the order in order to not feel completely fleeced. Instead of another album, I bought a poster.

Posted Image

Cyberpunk goodness. Sadly the album its a cover art for is not that good. Additionally, a poster purchase came with a free download code for any of the label's albums, so I picked Summer by Jacob Newman.

LorenzoGarbanzo

Yuri Connoisseur

• Moderation Team
  • 7,883 posts
    Games
    Music
    NHL
    Cosmos & stuff
2814 - 新しい日の誕生 (Birth of a New Day) (cassette)
Sangam - You Forget This (cassette)

There is some weird shit going on at Dream Catalogue, but Henry Moonchild is making stuff happen. Several reissues of their classic/popular albums were put up for preorder in cassette format. I passed up on Birth of a New Day when it was available on CD AND vinyl, so I'm not doing it again, considering it has become one of my all time favorite albums. You Forget This by Sangam is another excellent dreamy ambient vaporwave album, which was way sold out when I first discovered it, so I'm happy to add it to my collection now.

Nightmare82

Untitled...

• Nordic Symphony
  • 3,746 posts
CMX - Discopolis

Bought this from the removal sales of the local library...

LorenzoGarbanzo

Yuri Connoisseur

• Moderation Team
  • 7,883 posts
    Games
    Music
    NHL
    Cosmos & stuff

View PostLorenzoGarbanzo, on 22 January 2018 - 03:28 PM, said:

So I just bought this thing I posted in the electronic thread. What's particularly funny about it is that it wasn't a digital download, or a CD or even an LP, it was damn cassette.

Lol, got this one today and realized that the cassette player on my boombox is actually broken. Have to invest in another one.

LorenzoGarbanzo

Yuri Connoisseur

• Moderation Team
  • 7,883 posts
    Games
    Music
    NHL
    Cosmos & stuff

View PostLorenzoGarbanzo, on 31 January 2018 - 08:04 PM, said:

2814 - 新しい日の誕生 (Birth of a New Day) (cassette)
Sangam - You Forget This (cassette)

There is some weird shit going on at Dream Catalogue, but Henry Moonchild is making stuff happen. Several reissues of their classic/popular albums were put up for preorder in cassette format. I passed up on Birth of a New Day when it was available on CD AND vinyl, so I'm not doing it again, considering it has become one of my all time favorite albums. You Forget This by Sangam is another excellent dreamy ambient vaporwave album, which was way sold out when I first discovered it, so I'm happy to add it to my collection now.

Well, as it turned out, Henry Moonchild's tenure at the helm of Dream Catalogue lasted for less amount of time than it took for me to finally get these, but the wait is now over. May he feast on raccoons in our memories.

Still need a working cassette player, though.

TechThing

The Walking Metal-Encyclopedia

• Admin
  • 7,967 posts
  • Facebook:http://www.facebook.com/pages/Thoughts-Of-Metal/131153043613908
  • Interests:Metal \m/
    SF/Fantasy
    Ancient History
Pooh, latest purchases of 2017 were:

* Black Messiah - Walls of Vanaheim
* Eluveitie - Evocation II - Pantheon
* Metallica - Master of Puppers (re-release, 3-CD)
* Kaledon - Carnagus: Emperor of the Darkness
* Special Providence - Will
* Freedom Call - Master of Light (ltd. ed.)

First of 2018:

* FireForce - Annihilate the Evil (ltd. ed.)

Rosanera

Metalcoholic Anonymous

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,303 posts
  • Interests:Cats, Spaciousness, Weirdo
I haven't bought much music this year. Only just recently got Dimmu Borgir's Eonian.

LorenzoGarbanzo

Yuri Connoisseur

• Moderation Team
  • 7,883 posts
    Games
    Music
    NHL
    Cosmos & stuff

Posted Image

As for why, I still have this collector's itch where I want to have physical copies of albums I like and cassette was the only format available. And to be honest, buying a cassette just sounded fun. I cut it real close too, it was literally the last available copy. I was hitting F5 on the album page while finishing the order and during that time it went from 5 copies left all the way to 1. That rarity definitely played into why I bought it, since I let the vinyl version of 2814's masterpiece A Birth of a New Day slip away, so I wasn't about to do that again. This cassette had all of 100 copies available to begin with.

That said, it was one of those deals where this one item cost less than the shipping, so I had to add something to the order in order to not feel completely fleeced. Instead of another album, I bought a poster.

Posted Image

Cyberpunk goodness. Sadly the album its a cover art for is not that good. Additionally, a poster purchase came with a free download code for any of the label's albums, so I picked Summer by Jacob Newman.

Funny thing about this purchase. Although I received the physical goods in an expected time, I never received the download code that was supposed to accompany the poster. So long story short, they finally returned my emails today, after three+ months of trying and getting bandcamp support involved. According to them, the order was missing an order note where I had to specify which album I wanted as a free download. I'm 99,9% sure I included it, hell I even wrote it in the Paypal payment just in case, but apparently they couldn't see it in the Bandcamp purchase.

Anyway, as a token of apology, for not answering my messages, the Bludhoney representative was nice enough to not only provide me a download code I originally wanted, but some for five other albums as well.

As a sidenote, this label seems to have gone the incredibly annoying route of not allowing you to listen to the albums on the bandcamp pages. Seems like they have some tracks available before it's released and then it's all gone.

LorenzoGarbanzo

Yuri Connoisseur

• Moderation Team
  • 7,883 posts
    Games
    Music
    NHL
    Cosmos & stuff

View PostLorenzoGarbanzo, on 14 May 2018 - 06:27 PM, said:

As a sidenote, this label seems to have gone the incredibly annoying route of not allowing you to listen to the albums on the bandcamp pages. Seems like they have some tracks available before it's released and then it's all gone.

Okay I had to come back to this one comment I made, just because it's not true at all, I'm just an idiot. My uBlock origin settings were just fucking with me, hiding the play buttons. I figured something was wrong since they literally released a new album today and I somehow couldn't listen to it already.

LorenzoGarbanzo

Yuri Connoisseur

• Moderation Team
  • 7,883 posts
    Games
    Music
    NHL
    Cosmos & stuff
Klimeks - Love Dream Infinite (cassette)

This has been out for half a year and somehow the cassette edition of 100 copies hasn't been sold out. Hard to believe, considering it's excellent.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users